Friday, July 7, 2017

Hello Again I have Been Scrapping!


Hello I hope that this finds you doing well tonight. It is 6:30 pm. here. I have dinner in the oven, and I am making Southwestern Rice and I have some kind of vegetable that I will make along with some beans and call it supper.

 This scrap page is called Her Greatest Power that I did with a kit that I downloaded just a bit ago. It is beautiful. It is called Sultry Sapphire by my friend Rosie. I am so lucky to be a part of the group that I am in. The ladies are just so awesome and sweet and helpful. Rosie makes these beautiful kits as freebies for the members. This is the second one of the birthstone gems. The first one was Ruby. I can't wait to see what she is working on next but Rosie has MS and it is hard for her so we are all very supportive of her and just love it when she surprises us with these kits.

 I have been busy. Yes indeed I really have. Arranging for doctor appointments to be rescheduled due to a lack of transportation but really it is alright on my end because I was so booked the week of the 10th to the 14th so I rescheduled the appointments for Monday and Friday for a week later. That gives me the 11th and 12th to recuperate from the endoscopy on the 11th and then dental extractions on the 12th.

 July 3rd I went to the post office and sent off some important mail to my son Matthew. He needed to have it so I over night'ed the package. It was suppose to have been there on July 5th by 3:00 pm. Well it didn't make it and they said that if it didn't arrive to keep my receipt and I would be refunded. So Karyn took me to the post office and the lady was so very helpful and refunded my money.... YES and then Karyn and I headed to Arby's for a quick lunch and after that we went to my doctor's and dropped off my release for my dental clearance.

 Joey my son in law showed up yesterday with a gorgeous cloak for me. It had fringe on it and he and I talked while he knotted the fringe to keep it from unraveling.He also tried to help me over the phone with the Post Office much to both of our frustrations. Why can't you just talk to a real person? Why do we have to listen to a machine that will not allow you the option to speak to anyone? Anyway Karyn called in the middle of our struggles to get the automated recording to verify the tracking number and I explained to her what we were doing and she said she would take lunch early and come and get me and Joe.

 After we got all of the things done, then Joe and I spent the rest of the afternoon together and had a great time conversing. Karyn made dinner last night because my leg has been hurting and my side as well. Actually while I was at the doctor dropping off my paper to be filled out, I mentioned that I thought that I had another UTI or Kidney infection so I left a sample while I was there. It was wonderful that she cooked for us and then they left around 8:00 last night and I went to bed.

 In the mean time I am helping my sister. She is making a photo book for our honorary sister Kay for her birthday in October.. Since we have known Kay for close to or over 30 years, she is family. We adopted her... we got her... so we claim her as a sister. Linda is making her the photo book and I am providing the scrap pages. Now Linda has all the ones I have done of them over the years and this is a vacation book so I am scrapping the pages. I am done with my part because now Linda has a lot to work with plus she is going to do one page with my scrap page and the next just photos and journaling. I will show you the last 5 scrap pages that I have done. I cant share these on FB because Kay will see them.


 Kay at an Aquarium somewhere.... I love this photo of her....


 I have no idea where they are, but I am thinking that they were in Jamaica. I could be wrong tho.


 This is Kay on the beach somewhere wonderful!!!!


 These are my blood sisters. Linda on the left and Susie on the right. I believe this one was taken in the Netherlands on an Island called Curacao. They loved it so much that they have been their twice!!!


 Now I know where this one was taken... South Carolina. Kay and Susie had to board their cruise ship and spent a day or two in Charleston South Carolina where they toured old plantations that had survived the Civil War. They were in a horse drawn carriage. I love this page.

 I talked to Linda and she said I can stop making the pages now because she is also going to use all of the other ones that she has saved over the years that I have made of all 3 of them. She wants to see how many more she needs or if she even needs anymore.
 I know that Kay is going to love this photo book and I know that this is what I am also getting for my birthday. I had a choice. A photo book or a blanket. I chose the photo book. Me and books go hand in hand.

 I guess that this just about wraps it up. I think that I will post my Sapphire page on FB and eat dinner and go to read for a while. Have a great weekend to all........  BB


4 comments:

  1. Wowie, that's going to be a beautiful scrap photo book. Your sister is going to love it! Sorry to hear your leg is not feeling so good. Sometimes I think that as we begin to get older, we get all these different pains and aches just to make sure we have something to worry about and that, of course, means that we are still here!!

    Today is looking like a really pretty day, but somehow I think it is going to get a bit warm shortly. I may or may not go grocery shopping today. Depends on how I'm feeling when it is time to get dressed.

    Wasn't that nice of your SIL to spend the afternoon with you? I love it when the kids want to spend some time with me.

    This morning I'm watching the jewelry TV program. It's always fun to see all the new designs in the different gem stones. I learn a lot too because of all the information that the hosts give you about the stones.

    Now I think I'll take my coffee out to the porch for a while. Give Cisco a big hug from me and Pogo. You have an awesome day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh it sounds nice to be able to drink your coffee out on the porch. It's too muggy here and we have had an invasion of Gnats! They are every where. You have an awesome day too my friend and give love to Pogo for me.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that you had some bad times, with the panic attacks. It sometimes is hard to find the trigger, and it can be different things every time, so better is to get rid of it as soon as possible. And it was good to feel in your next post,(this one) you sounded already much better!
    Perhaps the scrapping did you good and the rescheduling of some of your appointments. It was a bit too much for one week.
    I know what you mean about the blogging. I have a bit the same. Not all too much happening here(in a way that is good, it means it si quiet, which I like,) but hard to find nice things to blog about.
    And I don;t sit often at the computer at the moment, so keeping up with some of the blogs, like yours and Edna's isn;t so easy, hahaha.
    I love the phot you;ve made of Edna in Florida. She really is a special lady, I;ve said it several times but I will keep on doing so!
    Hold on to the things that go right, and also to the things you love, like a good book, sometimes some scrapping, some crocheting, going out for a little while with Karyn, having a little lunch, a good tv program etc. That will help to keep you in good modd and not in too much stress.
    We all know stress is very bad for us(but know, sometimes unevitable).
    Soon i will put my dinner in the oven and watch a bit tv, then have to put some apple wedges in the little nets for the parakeets, give Brodski something to eat,,and then already soon Jan will be home again.
    Have a lovely weekend and take care of yourself!
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyra,
      It is hard dealing with the panic attacks but I was finally able to get it under control. My medicine helps but sometimes they just come out of nowhere.
      I am feeling a lot better too. Just my darn leg hurts. Today I need to get out and walk a bit so perhaps that will help it.
      I love it that you have the parakeets and little nets for the apples for them. That is just awesome.
      I enjoy hearing from you when you can stop by. I haven't been a regular blogger but I am trying to be. Hugs, Beth

      Delete