Thursday, January 5, 2017

Not Much News



 Hi Everyone,

 It would be nice today as cold as it is outside at 37 degrees to stay home and read but I can't. I have a doctors appointment and it will be a short visit but just the fact that I have to get up, shower, get dressed and leave, see the doctor, call the transportation company to come and get me and the drive home... Well you can see how tiring that these trips are and I have 7 of them this month. Down to 6 after this one.

 On the 11th of January I have a dental appointment. My insurance has become effective for 2017 so now they will pull the remaining bottom teeth. I really hate to meet Edna with no teeth but it can't be any more embarrassing than what my mouth looks like now. It depends upon how fast my gums heal for dentures. They are not going to take impressions right away they said. But that is not what they told me before so I guess I will have to wait until I get to that point and then find out. This first visit is just for a yearly exam and xrays. Then they will schedule the procedure.

 Cisco is pouting this morning. I made the mistake of buying him some bacon treats. Just a small bag and they are gone. So breakfast came and he turned his nose up at it and went and climbed into bed with Nathan. So I thought that I would entice him with a few bones Pogo sent. Oh yeah sure he took those and wagged his tail and wanted more but I showed him his bowl again and once more he took off to pout.

 Nathan swept all the dust bunnies for me. He cleaned the entire house for me sans the dishes. I only have a bowl, plate fork and spoon and my coffee cup so I can handle those. Oh and he bagged up the trash and took it out for pick up tomorrow night. He has gone to work now and Cisco is still on Nathan's bed pouting. He looks so cute! He doesn't know what to think when he gets everything that he wants and today he can't.

 The weather says that we have a chance for snow flurries tomorrow. North of us can see snow. I don't expect much of anything here but I do hope that we don't get any rain with this system as it causes so many problems on the roadways. We are not prepared here for ice and snow.

 I am reading a book by Jerry Doyle called "Have You Seen My Country Lately?" and I am really finding it interesting. I am going to pass it on to Edna when I finish and at the rate that I am going it shouldn't be too long before I am done. I am reading and crocheting at the same time. Put one down and pick up the other.

 Oh boy, I really have to keep an eye out on my boy. I just offered him a little of my breakfast and he isn't eating that either. I hope that he is not getting some tummy issues. I hope that we don't have to take him in to see the vet. This is one month that we cannot afford an extra expense.

 I placed an order on Saturday with Karyn. I decided to put it on my card and she paid me cash for her part of the purchase. We did it this way because we were ordering the same thing and instead of a 25.00 dollar shipping charge each it would just be one. So she gave me her money and I placed the order....
 The company charged me 3 times and 3 times the shipping.... Well of course my bank was closed on Monday and no one answered their phones on Monday and so Karyn and I spent 2 hours on the phone Tuesday getting it all straightened out. What a pain....

 Anyway it is time to get ready for my appointment so I will chat with you all later... Hugs to everyone...
 Before I go I have a little thing that I grabbed from the internet in anticipation to everyone that will be dealing with the snow...


 Enjoy and have a great day... BB

2 comments:

  1. So many doctor appointments in one month! That is really tiring.
    As long as it is for checkup or nothing really bad, it is still okay
    I completely feel with you for the dentist. Think about this: once done with you are free from having to go to a dentist. But it isn;t a pleasure at all!
    Nice of Nathan to have done lots of things for you like dusting and the garbage and such.
    Hahaha, I must laugh about Cisco! I don't think he will have tummy issues, he is just trying to get the things he really likes But when he gets a bit hungry he will eat his bowl
    Sometimes have the same with Brodski. hen he is given some pieces of chicken, or some other meat I am preparing(and there are often little pieces to cut off) and then he doesn;t want to eat from his bowl. And later I see he is eating from it, when getting really a bit hungry.
    Okay, now i am going to my blog and make a little post.
    Hope your appointment goes well and that you can rest some after it.
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly me, I come by every day and you're not here. Well, today I thought to go to the sidebar and click on 2017. Well, I'll be darned!! So I just finished getting caught up on your posts.

    I hope you don't end up getting icy roads. The snow here stopped during the night, but the forecast calls for some more snow tomorrow or the next day. Don't you just love it???

    Sorry to hear about your dental problems. When I had my teeth done years ago, they came out and the new ones went in on the same day. Nowadays they do things differently. Hmmm, not sure why, but they don't really care about my opinion. haha.

    Pogo would love to go out on the porch to watch Joe with the snow blower, but it is just too darn cold out there for my little guy. He's like me, we don't like the snow and the cold.

    Well, now I'm going to sit a while and watch TV and crochet. You have a super day, and give Cisco a big lick!!! Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete