Thursday, December 1, 2016

It's Beginning To Feel Like Christmas!


 Hi Everyone,

 It is December already. I was going to say the first day of December but I just looked at the clock and it is 1:12 am... so it is the 2nd day of December...
 And this little fellow is Pogo and he is my featured page of the day! He is waiting for Santa... Now his mom might disagree and think that he is waiting for his pal Joe to come home from the store and give him a turkey treat or even that he might be waiting for the mail man to deliver something special in the mail, but between Pogo and I we know that he is being good so he doesn't get on the Naughty List, as if he ever would... But we have proof that he is being Sweet as Sugar!

 And of course my second featured page of the day is my sweet boy Cisco.


I had to be fast getting this photo. I have a few more of him that I will share... Yeah I am a proud mama...






I know that you all must think that I never make up my bed but I do... Honest I do, but Cisco does not like a neatly made bed. He must have it rumpled and the covers piled in several ways for him to be comfy..... so here are a few more pictures of my fur baby. Now if you notice I also have 2 robes on the bed. There is a reason for that.
 First off I live in Texas and the weather changes from minute to minute. The pink plaid one is my evening and early morning robe for when it is really chilly outside. The second one is blue with Pink Flamingos. That is my summer robe for when I step outside or walk around the house and it is not very chili outside. Cisco loves both robes so I leave then draped over the foot rail and he will pull and tug and get them where he wants them and then either burrows under them or lays on top of them. It isn't enough to rumple the covers. He needs to rumple my robes too.

 He is so sleepy in this last photo he can barely keep his eyes open. And yes he was having the bone in my bed. His Bed... Our bed... It is a game we play. Since the covers are all in a disarray I hide the bone and his little nose searches it out. Like I said, I had to be fast taking these photos because he is camera shy.

 I have some good news to share...
 The wildfires in Tennessee have ravaged so much that it is heartbreaking, but my family and friends are alright. They got a break in the shifting wind and some rain. That eases my mind so much. Still so many people and animals have lost so much. Their lives, their homes, businesses, trees, plants and wild life, all because some mean and cold hearted person chose to start a fire. How sad. This has truly been devastating to so many people watching and praying but I cannot fathom what those poor people are going thru. I have been thru disasters before but never a fire. It is the one thing that terrifies me more than hurricanes, or tornado's or floods. Fire keeps going. One spark can wipe out everything and those that work to contain it work continuously and still the fire will sweep right on thru. Keep these people and wildlife in your thoughts and prayers.
 Dolly Pardon said that Dolly-Wood and her foundations will give every home owner a $1,000.00 a month to help them get back on their feet. More foundations are setting up accounts to help rebuild as well. There are those that have died that have no insurance and they fear that there may be more that have died and not been found. My heart just goes out to these people.

 I have worked hard today on some scrap pages that I have wanted to do and a few for the 2 CT's that have put out kits. I need to make one more for Carolyn and I need to do a personal page, a sympathy page for a friend that lost her mom unexpectedly a few days ago. It has been so very rough on this poor lady the last few weeks. She lost her brothers 3 months apart just recently and now her Mom.
 Our group has been rallying around her, she has had so very many people thinking of her, so I am so very happy for that. I will make her a card and send to her tomorrow because I wanted to give her a little time and not overwhelm her. And I forgot one of my oldest and dearest friends birthday yesterday. I cannot believe that I forgot her birthday. Then again I have been under the influence of pain pills and not been myself at all. Today has been so much better. Even yesterday was really great that I was able to get up and move about.

 It is now approaching 2 in the morning and I need to call it a night. I am finally winding down and think that I can sleep so I will close for now and I want to say to all of the Blog Train people that have put out kits and freebies and go to all of the trouble to do this for everyone, Thank You. And do stop by and at least say Thank You. They work very hard designing these for all of the scrappers that are out here in our great big world so I want to make sure that they know that I am very thankful for all they do. Thank You!!!!

 Good night everyone, or Good Morning...... Have an awesome day or night, which ever corner of the world that your in.... BB






2 comments:

  1. Sweet page you've made with Pogo. He is quite a character.
    And how innocent (and yes, sleepy) Cisco looks on those photo's.
    I also like those fluffy morning robes. I have two kind of "Lounge"pyama's, all soft and warm and i love them. I chenge in them in the evenings( and sometimes at daytime when take a real easy day LOL) and they are so comfy
    So you did also a nursing job. It is hard work, physical and mental, but also rewarding. It wouldn;t be for me, think I would be too soft hearted and would be devastated every time a patient would pass away or had a lot of pain.
    I can understand that you had to change and found a good alternative, by doing some cleaning and making meals or housesitting. Jan did that also for some time (the "house-care) but then got health troubles and couldn;t work for a longer time and now it is too straning to do. So he is making the evening sandwich for patients that have to recover from an operation, or are in need of some extra care for a while 3 days a week from 16.00 to 19.00 hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He loves to do it and always seems to be able to let them eat a bit more than they actually do normally(which is a good thing, they need to recover and gain strength again)LOL.
    The fires in Tennesee are terrible. All fires are, but nature fires are the worst. It is so terribly hard to stop them and I don;t understand the people who cause them deliberately. Those people should be punished real severe, because they have no idea what pain and trouble and loss they cause.
    Weather looks rather good, might be a market going day. we could do with some fresh vegetable, so perhaps I will be brave an walk to it( about 20 minutes walk easy pace).
    Have a lovely day and weekend and till next time.
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering the extent of the damage and lives lost (both human and wildlife) I think "life without parole" would be a good punishment for the people who start these fires.

    What adorable scrap pages with my little fellow and with Cisco. Beth, I'll call you later. I have to try to get the insurance people on the phone. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete