Sunday, April 24, 2016

Happy Sunday


 Hi Everyone,

 I did this page and entered it into The Fairy challenge over at the DT. I went and peeked at the other entry's and I don't have a snowball in hell chance of winning. I haven't won any of the other challenges that I have entered either. Same people are the ones that win. Well it is a good thing that I don't expect to win, but it would be nice to see some of the other entry's win that don't usually win at all either. The last challenge that I entered I thought that I stood a good chance because I used everything in the kit that it was asked for. Even my photo was on target. It was called Bright Blooms. That was the kit and since it was all flowers I chose a photo of my niece picking flowers from her garden. I was stunned to see the page that won. But then again I am sure that the Judges had their own favorites and several of the runner up's was better, a lot better than the one that actually won. Oh well... that is why I don't enter many challenges anymore.

 Today was a very full day. Karyn came over and she and I went to Walmart where I got my meds and she picked up stuff for our picnic that we planned. It was just the 3 of us. Karyn, Jonathan and myself. We thought of packing it all up and going to Laurie's house and grabbing up her and the kiddo's but in the end we didn't. She was beginning to get tired and had a bad headache.
 We decided to go to the pool. We went down to make sure that it was open but it was closed down. They still have not repaired it. So we decided to go to Karyn's place and go to the pool there. What a great afternoon.
 We had, homemade potato salad, and a tuna salad that Karyn whipped up with 3 different choices of bread. Wheat rolls, pumpernickel and Brooklyn rye. She bought a nice fat butter and garlic herb rotisserie chicken that was awesome. We had pork and beans, chips, and dip. A platter of avocado, sliced tomatoes and onion. Watermelon and purple grapes for dessert. We took bottled water to drink and then later on Karyn and I walked to their club house and she made a chi tea and I had a coffee... Wow... Her club house is totally awesome. Jonathan and I talked about perhaps moving into her complex a little later on.
 It is a lot nicer than ours is. I took Pictures!!!!!!! Here we go!





Jonathan waiting on Karyn to get back from an errand. Her boss called and needed Karyn to go up to work and see if her badge would open the door as her's wasn't working. We just sat and talked and then I walked around taking pictures.


 Our Picnic is on.... Karyn is wearing her shades. Her headache is getting worse. But our food was so good. The pate is the start of mine lol....


 I nibbled a bit eating tuna and pumpernickel with some of the goodies and had the watermelon a little later on.



We enjoyed this seating area that was behind us. We decided that we will go back on Mother's Day and have an evening meal here. They have an assortment of grills as well so we are planning on having grilled steaks and baked potatoes and hopefully Laurie and the kids can make it and everyone can swim and then enjoy the fire pit.





 This next picture is of the pool and the club house. Her club house is really awesome. A huge coffee and baked goods bar, (I was good, I didn't eat any of the sweet goodies offered). It has an open living space with lots of plush seating areas, a large fireplace, and large tv. It is so homey you just want to grab a coffee and sit and relax...


 You can't really see much from this angle but it is rather huge.Karyn loaded up all of the food and took into her apartment to keep it from getting warm and we just chilled for awhile and then Karyn said that her headache was getting beyond bad and we knew she was getting a migraine so we came home.
 Karyn came in and asked if she could take a hot shower, thinking that it might make her feel better. I said of course and so she had a shower and I pampered her a little, Gave her some medication. She was going to lay down and rest but in the end she decided just to go home where she fell asleep for several hours then she went and picked up Nathan from work.

 What did I do after she left? Well I washed my mattress pad, sheets and towels. Not in that order, but the outcome was that they are clean. I also bathed Cisco. I was not about to let him into my clean bed while he had the itchies...  Oh he was not impressed and ran from me so I had to actually pick him up and put him in the tub. My gosh he has gotten so heavy! But he feels so relaxed right now. He is not itching at all. They put out this half sand and half gravel and he gets it in his toenails and then he scratches and the sand gets into his fur. We hate it and try to keep him on the grass but sometimes if people are out we use the pathway.

 I took pictures of a few things while I was at Laurie's house last week. The first night that I got there we walked up to the little store and just gasped at the beautiful Hollyhocks that they had planted. They were stunning! It was to dark to take pictures but the next morning I got a few. Unfortunately it had rained really hard the night before so some of them were beat down. But here are a few.




 Aren't they gorgeous. So the first chance that we got we decided to take the kids and have photos made. Well we were not so lucky at all. They dug them up and we were like... NO way... but they did. The heavy rains just beat them down and broke them.


 Here they are clearing all of the flowers out. In with the hollyhocks they had planted Rosemary behind them and wow was it pretty. Here they were working on the beds across from where the hollyhocks were. They planted some really pretty begonias here with some cabbage flowers.


Can you see the one single blooming flower? Dante and I called this our flower! It has lots of buds and I snapped this picture while he and I were on a walk to get an ice-cream. The next day it was a riot of flowers... More buds were already coming up but you cannot see them here. But they have these all over the property. I don't know what this is called but I just love it.



 This is in front of Laurie's apartment. Each apartment building is a different color. Laurie and Dave's is an olive and light green.


Dante wearing my house shoes. I have a video with him telling me that those are his shoes haha. Look at that hair. Then I have pictures of the kids swimming that Laurie sent to me today.




And this is an update of family pictures on my end. Tomorrow Karyn if she feels ok will be coming back over with the food that she tucked into her fridge and we will have lunch again. At least we do not have to cook but I might make a large pitcher of Iced Tea. There was enough food for an army but we did put a dent into it.

 Laurie and David live in a really nice apartment complex. It is filled with everything that you can think of. Subway, dry cleaners, Wing Stop, and another little restaurant and at night Monday thru Friday they can set their garbage out at the front gate and someone comes along and picks it up for them. They have a car wash in the back, and a nice park and an awesome dog park. They have a convenience store and even other businesses that are easy to get to. An insurance office, Dental office and such. All they really need is a post office and they could be a little town!

 Karyn's building is really nice too but the apartments are not as open as ours are. You have to go into a stairwell to get to their buildings. It is more private I suppose but it is lit up well. Their balcony's are facing the back as where Laurie's are facing the front. But Karyn has a lot of ammenities as well. It would be hard for me to choose which apartment building I would choose to live. Laurie actually lives in the best area. They chose it because the schools are rated number one here. But she is way across town. A good half hour from us but they have more major upscale business's such as the Mall and lots of food places to eat and Best Buy and Sears and all of that is just a stones throw away. Karyn's place and our place is just a few blocks apart. We live in the older section of Austin. Our apartments were built way before Austin grew into the large city that it is today. So we are more spread out and close to the freeway as where the area Laurie is in is a lot newer.

 Anyway I like where I am, just not crazy about my neighbors but they have been a lot quieter now. I haven't heard anyone fighting since I have been back home. They have a few things that need to be taken care of but I am sure that it will get done soon. They have to have the pool area fixed no later than the end of May. Also they have to make this apartment complex handicap friendly and that is one of the main reasons that we have talked about moving. That and the fact that Jonathan wants to get closer to his work.

 Well my eyes are getting heavy so I guess I had better stop yapping and get some sleep.... Thanks for reading my blog and you all take care. Happy Sunday to all....... BB

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely picnic visit you had. Where was Cisco all this time? Was he invited or did he have to stay at home? Before I moved, I would want to know if my doggie was welcome all over the complex or if he was to be confined to the apartment most of the time. But that's just me.

    Today is quite nice here, and I'm catching up on the laundry. Hopefully, we'll get a little bit of gardening done too.

    I had ordered new yarn a few days ago and I'm hoping that it comes soon. I'm trying to finish up these afghans so that I can start something new.

    The washer has stopped, so I need to put this load in the dryer and get another one loaded into the washer.

    You have a super day, and give Cisco a big hug from me and Pogo. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete